Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Chicken Wings and Outsider Poetry

I just remembered I bought frozen chicken wings earlier at the Dollar Store and this makes me happy. Also, I just took a cupful of Milk of Magnesia for no particular good reason, so tonight should be getting a little more interesting.

I say more interesting because Jenny is in Milwaukee with the kids, and a huge storm was supposed to move into town, but now it's early evening and not much of anything is happening at all. I managed to get some of my errands done, then waited for the storm. But it never came.

Then I really got sick of sitting on the couch and started thinking about the next book from Zombie Logic Press. It will combine elements of outsider and Outlaw poetry. I have no idea what direction it will take us or the Rock River Literary Series in, but I feel excited because uncertainty is what leads us in new directions we hadn't anticipated.

The Blood Dark Sea was a great book of Outlaw Poetry, maybe the best one published in a long time, but this book is going to be something completely different. I envision it combining elements of spoken word, short poetry, and affirmation along with images of this place. 

Here I am eating fried bread in powdered sugar in New Orleans. Why? I don't know. No one is here,
 anyway.

It was while Jenny and I were in New Orleans that I received a message from our next writer that he was ready to start his book. Then he proposed the book I described earlier, which is somewhat what I expected. 

I have been using the Fiery Blast of Will potion I got at a magick shop on Royal Street like cologne lately. I should make the most of this night and update as many blogs as I can, eat those chicken wings, let that Milk of Magnesia kick in, light some candles, and wait for the storm of the century to come and clean this barn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment